complete inventory

Waterloo, University of Waterloo – DRAGEN Lab-St Jerome’s University, MS Medieval 02 (fragment)

This leaf was purchased on May 10, 2019 by the DRAGEN lab at St. Jerome's University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo. The dealer, Mackus Company, suggested a date c. 1300, and a provenance in Italy.

3 staves are visible on each side of this fragment.

The dealer assigned the siglum "M6366" that appears in pencil upside-down on the top right-hand corner of what appears to be the verso side.

Waterloo, University of Waterloo – DRAGEN Lab-St Jerome’s University, MS Book A (fragment)

This leaf was purchased by the DRAGEN lab at St. Jerome's University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo.

6 staves are visible on each side of this leaf.

No markings indicate its identification or foliation, except a mark in red ink at the top left corner of the verso, which may be a foliation, but is cut off.

Binding holes are visible.

Pen flourishes may suggest late 15th century.

Waterloo, University of Waterloo – DRAGEN Lab-St Jerome’s University, MS Medieval 01 (fragment)

This leaf was purchased on May 10, 2019 for the purpose of providing music students and DRAGEN lab students with learning and research opportunities.The dealer, Mackus Company, suggested a date c. 1300, and a provenance in Italy. The dealer also assigned the siglum "M6364." This siglum appears in pencil on the bottom right-hand corner of what appears to be the recto side.

6 staves are visible on each side of this fragment.

This fragment might be a strip cut from the middle of a leaf. It is currently unknown how much is missing from above and below the current contents.

Montréal, McGill University - Rare Books and Special Collections - Manuscript Collection, MS Medieval 0171 (fragment)

Part of one leaf only (top portion). Vellum. Latin text in late-15th century Gothic characters; no musical notation. 145 x 215 mm with a principal writing-space of 120 x 165 mm.

Light-brown ink, red rubrics. Two-line red initials. Lined in light-brown ink. One column, 13 lines of text on each side of the leaf.

Numbered in the top centre of the recto as "99" (in a contemporary hand?).

Baltimore, Walters Art Museum, W 760

The Beaupré Antiphoner was donated in 1290 to the Cistercian nuns of Beaupré in Grimminge, East Flanders (Belgium). The antiphoner originally comprised a set of six volumes, 3 for the abbess-side of choir and 3 for the prioress-side. Only three of these are extant (W. 759-761) in addition to a later supplemental volume (W. 762). Several folios were intentionally removed in the late fifteenth century and others are lost. Five new pages were added to W. 760 in the late fifteenth century to replace local offices with standard versions of the Cistercian chant.

Baltimore, Walters Art Museum, W 759

The Beaupré Antiphoner was donated in 1290 to the Cistercian nuns of Beaupré in Grimminge, East Flanders (Belgium). The antiphoner originally comprised a set of six volumes, 3 for the abbess-side of choir and 3 for the prioress-side. Only three of these are extant (W. 759-761) in addition to a later supplemental volume (W. 762). Several folios were intentionally removed in the late fifteenth century and others are lost. Eighteen new pages were added to W. 759 in the late fifteenth century to replace local offices with standard versions of the Cistercian chant.

Subscribe to RSS - complete inventory