The Beaupré Antiphoner was donated in 1290 to the Cistercian nuns of Beaupré in Grimminge, East Flanders (Belgium). The antiphoner originally comprised a set of six volumes, 3 for the abbess-side of choir and 3 for the prioress-side. Only three of these are extant (W. 759-761) in addition to a later supplemental volume (W. 762). Several folios were intentionally removed in the late fifteenth century and others are lost. Eighteen new pages were added to W. 759 in the late fifteenth century to replace local offices with standard versions of the Cistercian chant.
Glasenapp, John. “Quoiqu’elles sont de l’ordre de S. Benoît: The Formation of a Benedictine-Cistercian Alliance at the Abbey of Beaupré.” In Gendered Perspectives on Monastic Reform: Debating Identities, Creating Communities in the Medieval West, c. 800-1500, ed. Julie Hotchin and Jirki Thibaut. Woodbridge: Boydell and Brewer, 2021.
Glasenapp, John. "To Pray without Ceasing: A Diachronic History of Cistercian Chant in the Beaupré Antiphoner (Baltimore, Walters Art Museum, W. 759-762)." PhD diss., Columbia University, 2020.
Randall, Lilian M.C. “The Fragmentation of a Double Antiphonal from Beaupré.” In Interpreting and Collecting Fragments of Medieval Books, edited by Linda L. Brownrigg and Margaret M. Smith, 210-229. Los Altos Hills, CA: Anderson-Lovelace, 2000.
Randall, Lilian M.C. Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Walters Art Gallery. Vol. 3, Belgium, 1250-1530. 2 parts. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press in association with the Walters Art Gallery, 1997.